Water is very important to everybody and everything in this Earth. We use it every day and most of the time, we do not realise how much we have squandered. With many dry spells affecting many parts of the world yearly, the idea of saving water is extremely important.
In this post, we will share 12 ways to conserve water in our everyday lives. These ways are not just applicable to Singapore, but also many parts of the world. By saving water, we not just save money but also our future.
- Turning the water off when brushing your teeth or washing your hair can save a great deal of water. In reality, as much as 600 litres of water can be saved every month when you turn the water off.
- Use collected rainwater, water from your rinsed grains or ice cubes from your finished drinks to water the plants in your home.
- Purchase water-efficient items and home appliances for your house. This includes front load washing machines, dishwashers and sink systems. These products can be easily identified by PUB’s Water Efficiency labels.
- Do not use water to defrost foods. Lots of people do use this technique and it requires a lot of water to do this. Why not defrost your frozen food an hour earlier?
- Why not get a dual-flush toilet? These technology-savvy toilets are excellent to promote water conservation.
- Wash your fruits and veggies in a pan of water instead of running water from the tap.
- Use a broom to clean your outdoors instead of a tub of water. This can help you to save water.
- Always use a correct cooking pan size as larger cooking pans may require more water than usual.
- Always remember to check all your water hoses, connectors and faucets regularly for leaks.
- Use laundry detergents such Attack Neo liquid laundry detergent to reduce the rinse cycles. Bio-degradeable washing solutions are also great as they can be rinsed away quickly.
- Educate your children the ways to conserve water. This is very important.
- Use fewer plates, utensils, towels and cups to reduce the amount of water used during washing.